Following up with my AArch64/ARM64 on Gentoo post, in the last months Mike Frysinger (vapier) has worked in bringing arm64 support to the Gentoo tree.
He has created the profiles and the keyword, along with keywording a lot of packages(around 439), so props to him.
Upstream qemu-2.0.0-rc now supports aarch64/arm64, so I went ahead and created a stage3 using the new arm64 profile. Thanks to Mike I didn’t had to fight with a lot of problems like in the previous stage3.
For building I just had to have this in my package.keywords file:
And in my package.use file:
coreutils-8.21 fails to build, 8.22 built fine. And building busybox with USE=”static” still fails.
Also I’ve just found out that USE=”hpn” on net-misc/openssh makes the client segfault. Not sure if its because of qemu or because the unaligned accesses hpn had aren’t happy on arm64. So if you plan to use the ssh client in the arm64 chroot, make sure you have USE=”-hpn”
By the way, app-arch/lbzip2 seems to fail to run here, not sure if its because of qemu or it simply doesn’t work on arm64. It segfaults.
You can download it from: http://gentoo.osuosl.org/experimental/arm/arm64
I’ve also starting to upload some binary packages: http://tinderbox.dev.gentoo.org/default/linux/arm64/
Also, if someone wants to give us access to arm64 hardware, we would be really happy :)